Friday, November 9, 2012

Peru & Inca Cola Anyone!

Do you want to experience Peru first hand?  Have you already been there and when you see a picture you get that sugary bubble gum taste of Inca Cola setting you saliva glands into a whirlwind of chaos!  You can see all the colorful buildings and the smiles of the people around you.  You feel them hugging you and kissing you on each cheek. The warm friendly people of Peru.  Then a closer look and you see the houses built on top of mountains of sand that could melt away into a landslide if the region ever got rain???  And you look closer and closer and for a little while you are transported back.  Maybe with smiles on your faces or tears in your eyes.  If you have never been to Peru?  No worries you can virtually go there November 13 - 17th with the Compassion Bloggers.  Follow along - Read - Cry - Laugh - Be Changed - I Double Triple Dog Dare you!  If only I could reach through the screen and get me some of that Inca Cola or hug on a Peruvian family. 
I will also be finding my way in Ethiopia with Compassion in the near future.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Cheri - have a GREAT time in Ethiopia! I can't wait to hear all about it.

    I was in Seattle last week and walked by a huge display of Inca Cola in a Latin American store! : ) Brought back so many good memories. And recently I've been in communication with David - the LDP student I met who recently graduated - through email, so my thoughts have been turing to Peru a lot!

    ReplyDelete